At the Riverside Centre in Pontardawe, we have exciting opportunities for individual volunteers and groups to get involved with our Ecotherapy group. The group will learn new skills to help look after the 25-acre park bordering the beautiful River Tawe and Swansea Canal.
Ecotherapy is a form of volunteering that promotes well-being by:
- Improving mental and physical health.
- Developing a social life.
- Building confidence and self-esteem.
- Strengthening connections to nature.
- Giving a sense of achievement and giving back to the community.
Everyone is welcome, our experienced practitioners provide all the support and equipment that you will need. The practical skills that we will use will include:
- Conservation work
- Hedge laying
- Pruning and felling trees
- Rural crafts
- Tree planting
- Litter picking
- Plus many more